Friday, December 11, 2009

Oh No! The (all the farm animals) are out!


Upon my arrival home from helping a friend tear down a shed, my son informed me that the sheep had gotten out! He then proceeded to tell me how they came to him and he was able to put them back inside the fence area. You might be asking "Why is he writing this? This is boring!" . Well the reason this is so significant around here is because about 6 months ago when we first brought the sheep home, they decided to take advantage of the fact that one of my children left a gate open. Little did we know what we were in for. Three hours later, and 2 miles down the road, my wife and 7 children, found them in a neighbors cow pasture.  Several hours later after chasing them (if you have ever chased sheep that are not familiar with your voice, you are laughing right now, I'm sure!) they gave up and waited for me to arrive. I could not find them that evening so we waited until morning. Early the next morning they were still in this cow pasture, so me and my boys decided to try and get them back home. Four hours later, and 1 wounded sheep, we achieved our goal! So as you can imagine, I was greatly pleased that this time they came to the sound of my son's voice! Sheep are the only animals that we have that realize that we take care of them ( once they know our voice that is)! Interesting! The goats, horse and cows all have no idea whatsoever! Farm life is always exciting! I have also realized that when it comes to really large animals, the fences are there for looks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love when you posted that the sheep know their shepherd's voice. It reminds me of the Good Shepherd! Merry Christmas to all your sweet family!